Written By: Gina Rydin
Years come an go all the time. Where does time go? History is all about time gone by.
We have an opportunity to look back at the last few years, our family, health, spirituality, domestic, mental and financial health. Are we satisfied or dissatisfied? Can we improve our situation?
We can moan an blame. Life is complicated and we are victims to so much we cannot control. Proverbs 21:4 says If you become discouraged in the day of distress your power will be meager. So true! Sometimes I see a person obsessing about things as they are blind to the good, incapable of seeing past their problems while making more bad choices.
Time is considered a milestone in life, we make goals for a week, month, six weeks etc. We love the optimism of TIME and how we can be benefitted. The opportunity to make adjustments in our schedule, routine, and daily habits can fulfill many desires if we dedicate ourself to the practice.
What kinds of things could be on our shortterm/longterm goal schedule?
- Family: Looking at our family situation and thinking about something that might destress the family and bring us closer together.
- Could our health be improved by this or that? You know exactly what you need to do. Quit researching and spending, just get started and be consistent.
- Spirituality, it is a real need many ignore or replace with other vices. Mathew 5:3 says “Happy is the man conscious of his spiritual needs.” I feel so offtract and off center if I am not consistent. I love the aids, music, videos and talks on jw.org. All free, and it is in over 1000 languages. International I feel better no matter what, try it and see.
- Domestic, Why mention domestic? It is not an issue to obsess over, yet, if we can neaten as we go why not make tomorrow better with an environment that is managed. Personally I struggle in this department yet each year I do see improvement. A clean tidy environment I desire and function best in. My mind is fast forward and I am somewhere else before you know it and I do not know where the mess came from. Now as I try to slow down and practice a pattern of behavior it is helping. My friend Vickie moves so fast and takes care of many. Watching her clean a kitchen is pure entertainment as one movement flows into the next at high speed. She doesn’t want your help as you are in the way. Just back up and keep talking with her. She has things to do and places to go, in a micro-minute she will be done. Observing others has really helped me to figure out how I want to be. Do I really have to take forever to make these changes? Hope not! For now I will settle for improvement at a good rate. How about you?
- Mental, I am not a psychologist or doctor. Do all these points and see if it doesn’t help some.
- Financial, I have no advice. Double check the needs, some spend enough in drivethru each month they could pay all their utility bills. I personally am seeing the need to cut back on that. There are things to check and adjust. Times are tough we have some choices.
There are choices in daily life we can make. I have to pray alot so I can make good choices. I am always adjusting how I do things and I see improvement. Trying to make improvements and I love results.
The Power is all about consistency. Practice it! Do it again!
TIME can be our friend, we can make good use of our time. It is vital to consider our options. Only then can we have a measure of control which should and can improve our overall situation.
Written By Gina Rydin
Disclaimer: I am not a professional, these expressions are meant to be tried at your discretion. If you consider it beneficial then try at your own risk. It is your life not mine. Your choice based on your circumstances. May you be blessed and well.