Source: ENDORPHIN THERAPY 101.
As I practice endorphin therapy for natural anti depression and reasonable relief of pain I am learning the difference between healthful endorphin releases and nonhealthful endorphin release.
There is no pain erradication therapy for me through this therapy or medications. At this point, I do not know a moment without physical an sometimes emotional pain. Please note that I am not talking about mental illness, clinical depressions, or emotional imbalances. I do feel empathy for those whom suffer such. It is my belief that endorphin therapy practiced with purposeful healthful control can be beneficial for all.
When addictions are considered, the effects of endorphins make change so difficult. I have no specific knowledge or experience as I am not a physician or psychiatrist. The experience I personally refer to is that “FEEL GOOD” part of the brain. Growing up my mother made the best chocolate chip cookies and they were a real happy treat. When we would take a long walk to the icecream bar in the grocery store we were estatic. She knew how to get us to look forward to things and the realization of it was deeply felt. We encountered alot of loss, devastation, and physical pain. The good things were very good, exceedingly good thus setting me up with my own unhealthful forms of endorphin release learned at a very young age.
As I have been practicing this Endorphin Therapy, I am prayerfully considering all things big and small in my life.
Decades ago people were sent to sanitariums and the routine with patient activities provoked healthy endorphin release.
One important aspect to my investigation as to endorphins is to determine healthy and unhealthy. Not all endorphin activities are healthful.
Healthy activites lead to longterm good feelings, and are beneficial to longterm emotional and mental health.
Unhealthy activities are short term with glee that later brings feelings of guilt, depression or sadness. One example, a close relative of mine went out with men and had relations with any and all that seemed interested in her. Yet, she had to visit a psychiatrist regularily to cope with depression over her conscious accusing her because she considered herself a christian and knew God did not like her activities. She was addicted to her search for love in this wrong way. She smoked in order to calm her nerves. She felt empty and she drank heavily to deal with her emotions. Her drinking and feelings created rage which caused her to be very violent. The cycle for good feelings resulted in great sadness and emotional pain for her and all of us. She died lonely at 61 from a heart attack.
Other negative short termed emotional highs are spending money excessively. People do this alot during the holidays and then panic sets in six weeks later when there is no money for the power bill or rent. The food banks are busy then. Post Holiday Blues, what should have been good turns out desperately sad.
Drug, alcohol, or any substance abuse are known to peak endorphines, yet, you lose your moral integrity and esteem.
Malfunctioning and mispurposeful use of the power of free will, can pervert the function and purpose of endorphins.
Responsible use of our power for use of Free Will can bring longlasting joy as endorphin releasing activities are being utilized as intended by our Grand Creator.
25 healthy activities TO ENJOY THE BENEFITS OF ENDORphin release:
- Pray each morning for guidance, and Thank our Creator Jehovah for his son and the good in our life.
- Eat a healthy meal to start day.
- Hug a family member, hold the embrace, express words of endearment and appreciation.
- A massage, give one or get one.
- Help someone clean their home or yard. Helping feels good.
- Eat an apple or some nuts
- Change the decor of one room.
- Plan a detailed meal, set the table nice. Enjoy preparing with good music playing. Do this even if just for yourself.
- Take a walk alone or with a friend, or take a zumba class, or do aerobics. Dance, Dance.
- Listen to opera music or rock.
- Plant a garden or have houseplants to care for.
- A pet or a farm either one helps us to care for something besides ourself.
- A day trip each month to a museum, zoo, or festival.
- Go horseback riding or plan a vacation to a dude ranch.
- Go to bed early, do a little reading.
- Enjoy a nature walk.
- Send cards once a week, make a list each week of upcoming anniversaries, a graduation, or thinking of you cards. Send cards if you hear of anyone in your area that has suffered a loss. Compassion and personal interest in others without expectation of returned kindness is restorative.
- Spending time with family and friends can bring about good feelings. Plan a picnic.
- Coffee, or a couple pieces of dark chocolate or a glass of wine.
- Sitting in the sun and enjoying nature. Watching birds and butterflies. Or a body of water, waves, boats, or kayaking.
- Swimming, bowling, playing pool, a trip to library, basket ball games, playing an instrument or golfing each week so as to have this to look forward to.
- Read the Books of Psalm and Proverbs
- Buy yourself or someone else flowers.
- Cleaning the house or yard and enjoying the experience, feeling pleased with the efforts.
- Do the craft or hobbie you always wanted to do. Make time an space for it. Feel good when each step is accomplished.
Feel exceedingly good about the small simple delights in life. Endorphins will no longer be shy to come out. They will make your day and life more Joyful.
Monday is a day many dread. It seems to some all falls onto their head on a Monday. Being overwhelmed, the day can be unproductive, stressful, depressing, and it does not have to be this way.
About ten years ago I met a refreshing person whose name is Annemarie. A perky blond whom looked like Meg Ryan. I invited her to do something with me for the upcoming Monday and she said no, any day but Monday. I asked her why not Monday. She told me that was her day for herself. She used Monday to get rest, to clean, do the laundry, to do gardening and lay in the sun. I was so impressed that I have reserved Monday ever since.
A DAY OFF: If you have a choice in the matter. If you can afford to work four days instead of five, why not take Monday off from your employment. Many take Friday off by choice viewing it as a vacation day. Yet, Monday may be an even better day to take off instead of Friday because it may be more fulfilling. Everyone else in household is back to work and school. Do not view your day as a day to Care Less or be carefree. By carefully considering how you will spend your time on this special day, your life can take a change for the better.
Monday at home could mean an extra hour of needed sleep, getting in a relaxing walk, a trip to the library or museum by yourself, meeting a friend for lunch, doing your bills, or yard work. For balance in my life, getting chores done in the form of a quick clean makes a difference for the whole week. I do not mean a slave day, more like a day of time blocks adhered to. Having attention deficit, time blocks help me to focus without the temptation to multitask. If I multitask then my mind is unaccountable and takes flight. The day is gone. This can still happen to me when I feel weak due to health problems. Yet, I strive to do as much as I can on Monday because for me it is a sanity keeper.
A time block for extra rest like sleeping in an extra hour, and an hour break in the middle of the day. A block for phone calls, A block for laundry which during that time while washing and drying are going on I can clean the bathrooms and or phone calls. A Block for quick clean which is 12 minutes per room. (my quick clean is ten minutes to do a quick pick up, gather what does not belong in the room including trash and set at doorway, wipe surfaces quickly, then timer goes off and I quickly sweep or vacuum. Then on to next room and set timer for ten minutes). (The Slob Sisters have a great book about this and The Fly Lady, for years I read and reread. They helped me so much. It seems so hard for me to read anymore books yet I will never forget that their programs are fantastic). Then I run and put doorway items away as fast as possible. Time for a break when all done. A block for yard work or errands. The blocks can be minutes long or a couple of hours long. Use the timer. If the timer goes off before your done then one must determine if another day of a few minutes will make a difference or if a few minutes now will make a big difference. This is not the day to get caught up in trying to get each room done as a perfectionist would. Each week of this activity will make a few weeks worth of efforts a visible accomplishment.
I like Monday because if I get my Monday work done, the whole week is much smoother.
What I like to do on Mondays. First, I sleep in as long as I need to, with chronic health problems a lack of sleep contributes to my flare-ups. Secondly, I start the laundry and make my phone calls. I do a deeper clean up in the kitchen. Monday happens to be my deeper clean kitchen day. While wash is going I clean my bathrooms. A quick pick-up and sweep-up through the house remedies the mess the weekends create. I wash towels every Monday, and if possible I may get a jump ahead by doing them on Sunday night.
Setting up my schedule for the week on Sunday night helps me to know what phone calls are vital for me to make. Doing my phone calls by 11:00a.m. really takes the pressure off the rest of the day. Over the week, I pay attention to whose anniversary, graduation, or achievement has come about that I can on Sunday nights or Monday write out these cards and send them. My husband seems to enjoy running errands, and I like being home on Monday. Emotionally, I really like being home on Monday because life seems so busy on the weekends, the downtime to get things done is precious. I rarely accept an invitation to leave my house on a Monday. Hanging my clothes out to dry is another thing I have done for decades and I like to do if the weather permits. Cooking a good meal and doing a little meal prep to make the next couple dinners for the week easier is important. Eating a little lighter during the day helps me to maintain my focus and lessen the burden on my internals. A walk or isometric exercises refreshes me.
At 1:30 pm. on Monday is a PBS station sewing show called Sew it All. I like to stop and enjoy this show and put my legs up. It is only a half hour and because I enjoy sewing it is a treat to watch. On Wednesday, Sew Easy comes on, I will tape it to watch later. If sewing or painting or something else is your interest, give yourself a 90 minutes time block to work on a project, and then that evening your free to get back to it if you can.
Filling my Monday with practical efficient activities sets up my week for greater productivity and less stress. Whether it is every Monday or only a once a month Monday, having this day to catch up on domestics, relaxing activities, yard work, gardening, and phone calls makes for a better start to the week. It also is important to avoid time wasters on this day. Unless the errands are vital for the week to go smooth try to keep most of the day to yourself at home. Beware of Time Wasters such as gabbing on the phone, texting, internet cruising, or television watching. This day is a day for yourself to reset and restore. With an extra hour of rest, getting a home in order, car cleaned, laundry done, gardening, essential phone calls and bill paying your investing in a more peaceful life. The week and month will go smoother. The evening of Monday is a good time to be refreshed by going to bed early for an extra hour of rest before resuming regular activities on Tuesday. Monday’s never get me … .
Whether the addiction is food, or lack of good habits, see my plan for achieving your goals.
Source: When a size Large is too small…
Five Things I can Do to reach my weight loss goal.
Doesn’t life seem that way sometimes?.. Everything is off, nothing seems to work right, and nothing fits. Efforts seem futile, like today I was putting the onions in the ground to grown when I was done, I looked at my nice small shallow rows with the onions planted, when suddenly J.J. my Sylvester cat decides to jump in, lay there, pull and chew on them. I urged him to leave the patch and he dug a hole as if that would be the perfect spot to do his evacuation. I turned the hose on sprinkle mode and he left out of the area quite quickly.
I love the clothes in the Robert Redford line of Sundance. His catalog features such beautiful clothes and goods, superior quality, and the price to match. Sadly, I just cannot afford these wonderful items. I came across one linen blouse, just gorgeous, and a size large. Last year I wore a medium. For less than $20.00, I received this lovely blouse. You can imagine my feeling’s when I discovered it is just a tight fit, is it the companies fault?
Last week, I was attempting to try on a dress when my husband was standing there looking at me. I said to him, “I am going to try this on…” trying to give him a hint it is a good time for him to move on to other rooms and activities. He stood there, still, and then he said, “From the looks of it, it might be a tight fit!”. I told him to just get on the move. I put the dress on, and I could not button it. Sadly, the stinker was right.
It is no fault of any clothing company, it is, just what it is, OBESITY. How did I get here, and why. When I was young, I was too skinny and I could not gain a pound. Now, I patrol all I put in my mouth and it is an accruing situation.
At 215 pounds, it seems to be a losing battle, as I steadily gain. Now, off the antibiotics, I feel I can lose some. A friend said, “How do you go about losing 90 LBS?”. My response, “How else, a pound at a time”. She is sweet and very encouraging about anything I want to do. She respects my needs for projects and is always interested. So, losing this 90 lbs is my newest project.
What is a project without a plan?….How soon can I realistically achieve my goal? What can I do today that is simple or small that will help me be equipped to reach the goal?
- Faith: Have Faith and conviction that the idea, goal or project is worthy to accomplish.
- Acknowledge: Acknowledge the Healthy habits and routines that are already practiced as beneficial. Feel Good about what we already have right!
- Implement: When the most beneficial plan of action is decided upon, get to it.
- Tenaciousness: A friend of mine whom is slender is very tenacious about her diet. She is sensitive as to how different foods affect her. She does not let social gatherings affect her feelings about the importance of sticking with her eating plan. I am a person swayed too easily by my emotions. I forget my diet if a lovely dessert appears in my mind. It is time to pull out my “Instead Of:” list. (I previously wrote about the power of Instead Of) Instead of the banana split, I will work on a painting. Or take a walk . Being Tenacious with our goal is protecting our investment of heart, effort, etc. Aggressively seeing it thru to the finish is what is required to have a successful outcome in the shortest time possible.
- Hum: People whom hum often times do so because of a happy tune or a happy heart. Feel good about all the baby steps we stick to. If, we think about how far we have to go, we may give up. If we feel good about following our small achievements. We will be successful in achieving our goals.
What goal do you want to achieve?
- We need to write the goal at the top of a nice piece of cardstock.
- Break down three categories titled of types of actions needed to accomplish goal. For example: Weight loss of 90 lbs. The four categories for this are 1: Diet, 2: Exercise, 3: Weekly Positive affirmations, 4: Attitude check and Progress.
- As I look at the first category, I will write down just three things I want to do for my diet, whether it is Lower my carbs to 25 per meal, or have two cups of vegetables each day, or have 350 calories for breakfast as well as lunch, then 450 calories for dinner with just 100 calories for a snack. Be specific. Whereas, the Exercise category may be cardio for 35 minutes every other day, with biometrics on the other days. The Category of Weekly Positive Affirmations are statements that give a person courage, truthful statements that are considered several times a day, whether a reminder put on cell phone or written on a paper or something included in prayer. A positive weight loss affirmation for me is: I do not need to be heavy to be strong, I do not need this fat as a protection. I am strong and safe anytime. (with Jehovah’s help). or another is: I like caring for myself with the best food possible. Each person knows their own insecurities. One of mine was, If I was heavy, I would not have to deal with unwanted attention. Turned out, even while heavy, I still get bothered. A lot of people have this problem, either they bother others or they are getting bothered. I am learning to put my hand up in a strong manner when I do not like what is coming my way. This is difficult for me, but it is becoming my manner. And the last category is Attitude Check and Progress. Write down the weight each week, what is my attitude that week gone by, and what good thing I can say to myself to keep motivated. If I gained three pounds, checking my attitude like: I have been in the dumps so I ate cookies and skipped my workout all week. Then my new Affirmations will be born out of that. Example: After a healthy early dinner and walk, I am going to the bookstore and checking in the bargain section for a craft book. Or, I am going to arrange to meet a couple of friends to go on a walk with me on some local trails. Affirmation: I am not waiting for good to happen in my life, I am inviting happy activities into my life each day.
It is time to practice FAITH in our daily life. We must keep having Faith and Conviction in the beneficial outcome of our project. We have to Acknowledge the good things we already do right,
in order to have a healthy mind frame. Implementing our plan of action gives us the power and action through habits and routines. After we come up with our plan of action we must keep it visible in order to implement our new plan. The Tenacity we exercise because we see how worthy our goal is, we must be Tenacious in sticking to our plan of action. We can Hum because we know we are right now fulfilling our goal.
Jump start your life. Quit dreaming and start living. Let’s do it! We can do it!
When do we start exercizing? When do we start drinking more water? When do we call our relatives an just visit for a half hour? When do we clean the worst room in our house? When do we stop an analyze our current spending? When do we say, “I love and appreciate you…” to those putting up with us.
Changing our life for the better starts this moment. If something on this list stands out more than another then it is what we need to focus on.
For me, revamping the current budget means I must look at all the bank monthly statements and the credit card bills. Itemize. What have we been spending on? Why aren’t we saving? What can we change? I was able to cut our Dish cable bill $40.00 an still get the channels I love. I will check on our phones an power, call the companies an see what they can do to lower our rates.
My Goal for this year is to “Get at it much quicker” and to be effective with a greater productivity.
This article is dedicated to my friend Elizabeth whom always encourages and supports me with my writing and Blog. When you have a friend whom has faith in you, what else do you need? Can we be more supportive to those in our life that want to start something new, like a new diet, exercize program, or clean up their life. Can we exercize faith in someone whom wants to write, draw, paint or swim. I know when someone has faith in me, it helps me to strive even harder, because, disappointing ourselves can be an easy habit to get into. Yet, I do not want to disappoint another, I want to please an esteem. Thank You Mrs. Byram, my friend.
A Healthy cake you can enjoy eating an sharing.
Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cakemix.
3 eggs as box cake suggests, substitute coconut oil for the vegtable oil. I used 1/3 cup. 1 cup water as reccommended plus 2 tbl.
1/3 cup chia seeds, 1/3 cup dry raw coconut, 1/4 cup lemon zest an juice from lemon
Mix according to directions, bake according to directions on box. I used two mini bundt cake pans an divided it.
Lemon Zest Drizzle: 2 tbl of butter, 2 tbl of lemon juice w / pinch of zest, mix confectioners sugar in until almost thick. Drizzle on warm, not hot, cake, sprinkle loose confectioners sugar on cake, drizzle more creme on, sprinkle lightly again. Enjoy. Give one away.
My own recipe, Make at own risk as I am only an amateur with serious lemon cravings.
In my oven, 22 minutes at 365 degrees. All ovens vary. I did spray pans before dividing batter into them.
From Gina fatfitanfab.com