Five Things I can Do to reach my weight loss goal.
Doesn’t life seem that way sometimes?.. Everything is off, nothing seems to work right, and nothing fits. Efforts seem futile, like today I was putting the onions in the ground to grown when I was done, I looked at my nice small shallow rows with the onions planted, when suddenly J.J. my Sylvester cat decides to jump in, lay there, pull and chew on them. I urged him to leave the patch and he dug a hole as if that would be the perfect spot to do his evacuation. I turned the hose on sprinkle mode and he left out of the area quite quickly.
I love the clothes in the Robert Redford line of Sundance. His catalog features such beautiful clothes and goods, superior quality, and the price to match. Sadly, I just cannot afford these wonderful items. I came across one linen blouse, just gorgeous, and a size large. Last year I wore a medium. For less than $20.00, I received this lovely blouse. You can imagine my feeling’s when I discovered it is just a tight fit, is it the companies fault?
Last week, I was attempting to try on a dress when my husband was standing there looking at me. I said to him, “I am going to try this on…” trying to give him a hint it is a good time for him to move on to other rooms and activities. He stood there, still, and then he said, “From the looks of it, it might be a tight fit!”. I told him to just get on the move. I put the dress on, and I could not button it. Sadly, the stinker was right.
It is no fault of any clothing company, it is, just what it is, OBESITY. How did I get here, and why. When I was young, I was too skinny and I could not gain a pound. Now, I patrol all I put in my mouth and it is an accruing situation.
At 215 pounds, it seems to be a losing battle, as I steadily gain. Now, off the antibiotics, I feel I can lose some. A friend said, “How do you go about losing 90 LBS?”. My response, “How else, a pound at a time”. She is sweet and very encouraging about anything I want to do. She respects my needs for projects and is always interested. So, losing this 90 lbs is my newest project.
Filet, Sweet Potatoes, an Asperagus
What is a project without a plan?….How soon can I realistically achieve my goal? What can I do today that is simple or small that will help me be equipped to reach the goal?
- Faith: Have Faith and conviction that the idea, goal or project is worthy to accomplish.
- Acknowledge: Acknowledge the Healthy habits and routines that are already practiced as beneficial. Feel Good about what we already have right!
- Implement: When the most beneficial plan of action is decided upon, get to it.
- Tenaciousness: A friend of mine whom is slender is very tenacious about her diet. She is sensitive as to how different foods affect her. She does not let social gatherings affect her feelings about the importance of sticking with her eating plan. I am a person swayed too easily by my emotions. I forget my diet if a lovely dessert appears in my mind. It is time to pull out my “Instead Of:” list. (I previously wrote about the power of Instead Of) Instead of the banana split, I will work on a painting. Or take a walk . Being Tenacious with our goal is protecting our investment of heart, effort, etc. Aggressively seeing it thru to the finish is what is required to have a successful outcome in the shortest time possible.
- Hum: People whom hum often times do so because of a happy tune or a happy heart. Feel good about all the baby steps we stick to. If, we think about how far we have to go, we may give up. If we feel good about following our small achievements. We will be successful in achieving our goals.
What goal do you want to achieve?
- We need to write the goal at the top of a nice piece of cardstock.
- Break down three categories titled of types of actions needed to accomplish goal. For example: Weight loss of 90 lbs. The four categories for this are 1: Diet, 2: Exercise, 3: Weekly Positive affirmations, 4: Attitude check and Progress.
- As I look at the first category, I will write down just three things I want to do for my diet, whether it is Lower my carbs to 25 per meal, or have two cups of vegetables each day, or have 350 calories for breakfast as well as lunch, then 450 calories for dinner with just 100 calories for a snack. Be specific. Whereas, the Exercise category may be cardio for 35 minutes every other day, with biometrics on the other days. The Category of Weekly Positive Affirmations are statements that give a person courage, truthful statements that are considered several times a day, whether a reminder put on cell phone or written on a paper or something included in prayer. A positive weight loss affirmation for me is: I do not need to be heavy to be strong, I do not need this fat as a protection. I am strong and safe anytime. (with Jehovah’s help). or another is: I like caring for myself with the best food possible. Each person knows their own insecurities. One of mine was, If I was heavy, I would not have to deal with unwanted attention. Turned out, even while heavy, I still get bothered. A lot of people have this problem, either they bother others or they are getting bothered. I am learning to put my hand up in a strong manner when I do not like what is coming my way. This is difficult for me, but it is becoming my manner. And the last category is Attitude Check and Progress. Write down the weight each week, what is my attitude that week gone by, and what good thing I can say to myself to keep motivated. If I gained three pounds, checking my attitude like: I have been in the dumps so I ate cookies and skipped my workout all week. Then my new Affirmations will be born out of that. Example: After a healthy early dinner and walk, I am going to the bookstore and checking in the bargain section for a craft book. Or, I am going to arrange to meet a couple of friends to go on a walk with me on some local trails. Affirmation: I am not waiting for good to happen in my life, I am inviting happy activities into my life each day.
It is time to practice FAITH in our daily life. We must keep having Faith and Conviction in the beneficial outcome of our project. We have to Acknowledge the good things we already do right,
in order to have a healthy mind frame. Implementing our plan of action gives us the power and action through habits and routines. After we come up with our plan of action we must keep it visible in order to implement our new plan. The Tenacity we exercise because we see how worthy our goal is, we must be Tenacious in sticking to our plan of action. We can Hum because we know we are right now fulfilling our goal.